This is the website of Retrofit Energy Ireland (‘we’, ‘us, ‘our’).
This policy governs the online processing activities of this website. For offline processing of personal data, please request a copy of our data protection policy from our Data Protection Manager (contact details below).
Who we are
We are Retrofit Energy Ireland. We are a company specialising in helping homeowners upgrade their properties to be warmer and more efficient. We provide all One Stop Shop grant measures, ensuring you get the solution that is right for you and your property:
- Attic insulation
- Rafter insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Internal wall insulation
- External wall insulation
- Windows and doors insulation
- Heating controls
- Heat pump system
- Central Heating System for heat pumps
- Air to Air Heat Pumps
- Solar PV
Reil is the controller of the personal data it processes. You can contact us in a number of ways, i.e. via our email address (email@example.com) or via telephone or physical address, which are set out at the bottom of our website homepage at www.reil.ie
Data Protection Manager Contact Details
In accordance with Article 37 of the GDPR, Reil has appointed a Data Protection Manager. If you wish to contact our Data Protection Manager in relation to the processing of your personal data, you can do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
The information we collect
- For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time zone from where you access our site and the internet address linking to our site.
- Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “contact us” form or any other area where you may send e-mails, request brochures/proposals or provide feedback. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the addresses listed on our site. In these instances, we collect name, email, phone number and message content. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them.
- Information contained within a job application (CV) where that is sent via our website.
The purpose of collecting information
- We use the Home Owner Query Form Information that we collect generally to determine the suitability of your home for surveying and completion of energy upgrade works. Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you.
- Website functionality – We analyse website users’ pattern of use to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- Complaint handling – we may use the data you provide to us via our Home Owner Query Form or email address: email@example.com.
- Responding to your query – you may provide us with personal data through our Home Owner Query form or email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), while seeking information about our products/services.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we will provide you with information or advertising relating to our services.
- Job applications – from time to time jobs may be advertised on our website and potential candidates will submit their personal data (e.g. CV’s) for our review.
Legal basis for processing
We process your personal data based on the following lawful basis:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract (e.g. Employment contract)
- Processing necessary for Reil to pursue its legitimate interests (e.g. Network and information security)
- Processing based on the Data Subject’s consent
- Processing that is required under applicable law (e.g. Revenue/PRSI)
Under data protection law, data subjects have certain rights. Subject to certain restrictions, which are set out below, you can exercise these rights in relation to your personal data we process.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
- You have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie) and to seek compensation through the courts
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Restriction of data subject rights in certain circumstances
Article 23 of the GDPR allows for data subject rights to be restricted in certain circumstances. In addition, the 2018 Act contains certain provisions dealing with the restriction of rights of data subjects, in particular Sections 59, 60 and 61, which give further effect to the provisions of Article 23. Further information can be found here.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than those set out in this policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfer: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
- Other: We will share your information with a third party other than a service provider where you have given your consent for us to do so.
Where we store personal information
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe but we will only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Reil retains personal data for a range of periods as set out in our Data Retention Policy.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
If you have any questions about this policy, our practices relating to the website or your dealing with the website you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
Prepared by Ambit Compliance.